Serve as transaction counsel to a Chicago-based, single family office in the deployment of its capital in venture capital and private equity investments involving
- Asset Management. The investigation and negotiation for acquisition of a Midwest investment adviser and asset management company registered under the Investment Advisers Act of 1940.
- Captive Insurance. The acquisition from, and capitalization of, an Aon Corporation wholly owned Cayman Islands captive insurance and segregated portfolio company.
- Consumer Retail. The purchase, out of bankruptcy, of the assets of a Midwest-based retail department store pursuant to an approving order of the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Illinois Eastern Division.
- CTA. The acquisition of a commodity trading advisor that provides alternative investment programs through managed futures accounts using trend-based trading systems.
- Funds of Hedge Funds. The acquisition and capitalization of a London-based enterprise providing due diligence, operating, management and/or advisory services to funds of hedge funds and managed accounts and investing in hedge funds and funds of hedge funds.
- Investment Bank. The organization and capitalization of an independent investment bank and growth equity investor serving the financial technology sector operating as a merchant bank with strategic and financial advisory services.
- Proprietary Trading. The organization and capitalization of a proprietary trading company involved in the business of trading in agricultural commodities contracts, commodities futures contracts and option contracts on commodities futures contracts.
- Real Estate Development. The acquisition, development, conversion and renovation of commercial, mixed-use and multi-family real estate in Chicago and the Southwest, Midwest and East Coast markets.
Learn More: About Martin Schultz | Why Martin A. Schultz & Associates