Experience: General Corporate, Taxes and Litigation
- Served as North America counsel to a world-wide religious order on matters concerning its United States District’s corporate governance, compliance with federal income and employment tax, and handling of and response to litigation matters.
- Organized and provided counsel to a Chicago-based consumer finance company in the sub-prime auto loan finance business. Organized its affiliated Las Vegas, Nevada and western Illinois entities for the conduct of the sub-prime auto loan finance business in those markets. After ten years of operation and growth, represented the client in the sale of its sub-prime auto loan finance business to a Chicago-based private equity group.
- Provide counsel to a privately owned manufacturer of commercial binding equipment.
- Provided counsel to the United States subsidiary of a London, U.K. brokerage and proprietary trading company that was organized to conduct the business of a securities broker-dealer registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission, which registration included authorization to act as a put and call broker or dealer or option writer and as a Placement Agent for private placement transactions under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, and was a member of the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority and a securities broker-dealer registered with the State of Illinois.
- Provided counsel to a privately owned manufacturer and distributor of high-quality, technically-innovative barcode products for a variety of applications including asset tracking and inventory control.
- Provided counsel to a family owned 17-store company engaged in the retail residential floor coverings business.
- Provided counsel to a Harley Davidson franchisee with annual sales in excess of 400 motorcycles that included advising the client on the relocation and expansion of its facility using tax increment financing through its local suburban community.